Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 23

Breakfast with the Books. Bookmama, her mother, Snowbird, and her two book loving kids took time out of their trip to Chicago to visit me! The Lego-loving older brother was so patient and well-behaved, eager to tell tales of his trip to the Lego Store at Water Tower Place. His shy, picture-pretty younger sister was a fan of the American Girl Store. And chatting with Bookmama and Snowbird was so warm and comfortable! I got to hear the history of their unique family tradition, Thanksmass. I'm honored that two such nice women carved out more than an hour of their getaway just for me, and I'll remember this -- my first cyberworld-to-real-life experience -- always!

3 comments:

  1. That is really nice. Good people are out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:39 PM

    Oh, we had such a nice time! Mom and I could have visited with you all day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.