Friday, March 11, 2011

My first audible "OH, NO!" of the season

My heroes in Cubbie blue faced the Forces of Darkness today for the first time in 2011. We were never behind, and at one point (that would be the top of the 9th), the score was 4-0. It was feeling like a gas and a giggle and I was so happy.

And then ... somehow the Sox managed a 6-hit, 3-run 9th and the game suddenly became a nail biter. I was sanguine after the first run. I remained calm even after the second run scored. But with the third run, it happened. I moaned my first "OH, NO!" of 2011.

But who's a Gal of Little Faith? The Cubs prevailed and won 4-3. And, since it's a pre-season game, it's really not a big deal.

I just so desperately hate losing to the Sox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.