Monday, January 03, 2011

Movie Monday

Movies are always giving us characters who undergo some sort of change during the story's arc. These changes aren't always for the better - that's what makes them so compelling. Here are a few characters we came up with who made a distinct change during their time on screen. Share characters from film who have transformed, linking back here at The Bumbles.

Solitary Man
. If you get to see this on DVD or cable, you're in for a treat. Michael Douglas plays a successful car salesman who gets bad news about his health that really rocks his world. He decides to fight growing older by reverting and becoming fantastically immature. He pays for it dearly, but not in ways you expect. And Douglas is so good in this that he breaks your heart rather than makes you dislik
e him.

The Mirror Has Two Faces. Streisand accepts Jeff Bridges' proposal of marriage -- but a marriage that will be strictly intellectual and platonic, with no irrational romance to complicate their bond. She falls in love with him anyway, and longs for a more complete relationship, meaning one that includes physical lovemaking. So while he's away on a lecture tour, she works hard on turning herself into a romantic ideal. New hair, new clothes, new body. Naturally, when he comes home, Bridges finds himself surprised to have the hots for his own wife.

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love Jefff Bridges and The Mirror Has Two Faces! :) Great choice! I have yet to see Solitary Many, and at your urging, I might just have to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great movie choices! Michael Douglas is fantastic in Solitary Man and Jeff Bridges is a favorite actor of mine and The Mirror Has Two Faces is a great one. These movies never came to mind for me...great job :o)

    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see Solitary Man. And The Mirror Has Two Faces is one of my favorite chick flicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just KNEW you would provide a Babs choice here! I haven't even heard of Solitary Man. Sounds quite interesting.

    I was thinking on this topic further today - I wish I had included Victor Victoria - that was a fun flick about transformation.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.