Wednesday, September 01, 2010

August Happiness Challenge 2010 -- In Review

Another August is over and another Happiness Challenge in the books. As I look back, what has made me happy is like a thumbnail sketch of my life.

5 references to my friends -- The family I chose. I love them and don't know what I'd do without them.

3 references to baseball -- Impressive when you consider how much this Cubs season has sucked. Even when they underperform, they're still my guys and I still love them.

3 references to my cats -- Joey, Charlotte and Reynaldo, my fur family, who provide unconditional love as they teach me about tolerance and nature.

3 references to perks at work -- The view from my new office, summer hours, good insurance ... Benefits are as important as the regular paycheck and I'm lucky to have them.

2 references each to books, TV and music … and chocolate.


There you have it -- a microcosm of The Gal's life.

1 comment:

  1. I like your microcosm - what a neat way to wrap things up! And by the way - if I had done such a challenge, I'm pretty sure I would have focused on many of the same topics!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.