Friday, August 27, 2010

August Happiness Challenge 2010 -- Day 27

Watching Reynaldo make a friend. My neighbor across the hall has her 7-to-8-year-old grand daughter visiting her. The three of us rode up in the elevator together. "Are you the one who keeps cats?" Jasmine (or is Yasmine?) asked me. I responded that I was and asked her if she wanted to meet Rey. She did. Grandma said, "Ok, girls, you know where I live," meaning we were on our own, which I took as a compliment -- my neighbor trusts both me and Rey.

I explained to Jasmine that since I had been gone all day, Reynaldo would be very eager to see us. And he was. As soon as he heard my voice and the key in the door, he was there. He was happy to see me, and her. I showed her how to let him smell her hand and explained that is a cat's way of figuring out who we are. Then he started to purr and rub against her. What a champ he was!

After a few minutes of bonding, I realized that Reynaldo and Jasmine were beginning a love affair and could be here all night. So I explained that he needed his dinner and she reluctantly agreed, but asked if she could visit him next time she came to see Grandma. I reassured her that Rey would like that very much.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.