Saturday, June 05, 2010

I credit the beard


Walk up and down the streets of Chicagoland and you'll see more beards than usual. Growing their facial hair is something sports fanatics are doing to support The Black Hawks in their quest for the Cup. I don't know how this started -- I haven't been a Hawks fan in decades -- but I'm always in favor of supporting our teams.

One such newly-minted beard -- a white and rather mangy one -- belongs to Cubs skipper Lou Piniella. My Cubs have been struggling this season, unable to put together an impressive string of wins, stuck at about .500. Yet tonight the bats have suddenly come to life and they have scored 6 runs in 7 innings.

Please, Lou, keep the beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.