Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday 9



Saturday 9: Everybody is a Star

1. Did you ever think that you'd be a star? If yes, doing what? Yes. I was going to be a great singer. I was hitsville when it came to lip-synching into my hairbrush.

2. Tell us about the last time you had a romantic dinner. It was at the Cityscape Bar. Terrific floor-to-ceiling windows gave us a lovely view of the city from the Chicago River. Really beautiful at night.

3. Tell us about your worst job interview. Got a call from the Chief Executive Creative Director from another agency. His office called, actually. He had heard tremendous things about me from a mutual acquaintance. He had to meet me to discuss a job. WOW! Really? But that agency did most of its advertising online and I'm more a print kinda girl. Are you sure it's ME he needs to meet? Oh, yes, I was told. My vanity got the best of me, so I went out there. Wearing a suit, on a day that was about 175ยบ. The first thing Mr. Man said when he looked at my work is, "Where's all your online stuff?" Then I got a REJECTION letter from him. I'm still pissed, even after more than 5 years ago.

4. Tell us about your stupidest date. Our first date was terrific. Our second/last date sucked. He wore white jeans, which he could not bear to let get dirty. Even though he knew we were meeting at a bowling alley (which I assumed meant we were ... um ... bowling). Earlier that day he had cut his finger while washing his car. The wound wasn't deep, no stitches were required, just a bandaid like you have in your medicine chest. Anyway, between fiddling with bandaid and fussing over his jeans, I realized I was not his priority.

5. How much in common do you think you should have with a romantic partner? Oh, hell, I don't know.

6. Tell us about a favorite meme that you loved but no longer posts. Is the Thursday 13 still out there somewhere?

7. How did you get into blogging? I wanted to have an organized journal that I could update whenever I felt like it, wherever I was, so that it presented an accurate snapshot of who I am at this point in my life.

8. Do you share all your fantasies with a significant other? I have. I think it's sexy, as long as we limit it to people we'll never meet. It gets messy when it's "which of my friends would you love to sleep with?"

9. What change in your life would you like to happen this year? I'd like LESS. Less clutter, less weight, less drama.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like Mr. White Pants was good riddance! Have a happy Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Which of my friends would you love to sleep with?" is a trap question. It never pays to answer them. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LESS is also one of my themes this year. One of my teachers made it a habit to take one thing out of her house every time she went out - consignment, recycle ... whatever, as long as it was out of her house. I like that idea. :-)

    White jeans? Who wears white jeans? That alone should have clued you in, Miss. hehe (I claim the right to rescind this statement should Hookie (my new word for Hal and Cookie) walk by in said fashion abomination.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like LESS as your answer. I need much, much less, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:14 PM

    #3 That's just RUDE!


    Random Thoughts & Adventures & A Few Tales To Boot


    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the less drama!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.