Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday Tunes

Tell us about one album you purchased that you were seriously disappointed in and why? And do you still have that album in your collection?

The first one that springs to mind is Nebraska. Sorry, Boss, but I just wasn't ready for your depressed world view at that point. To be honest, I still don't like those songs when you do them in concert. Many fans agree with me -- the auditorium is almost lit from within as the crowds heads for the exits to use the restroom and buy more beer when he goes Nebraska on us. But I admire Springsteen for continuing to perform songs he feels a profound, artistic connection to, even if we don't (and even if I gave the album away back when it was still on vinyl).

To check out Tuesday Tunes or play along yourself, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.