Tuesday, August 04, 2009

09 August Happiness Challenge -- Day 4

Tuesday. "Things are fine."

My best friend left for a spur-of-the-moment family trip yesterday morning. He left word that they were going "to California for a few days." I'd be happy for him if I wasn't so worried. California is more than 150,000 square miles. There was a 6.9 earthquake in Baja yesterday that was felt all the way to San Diego.

Naturally, because I worry, I was sure that he and his family were crushed under rubble somewhere. I mean, what other reason could he possibly have for not contacting me during a vacation with his wife and kids?

This afternoon I received an email: "Things are fine and we made it safely. Just haven’t checked email till now."

Oh, I guess there's that.

The important thing is that things are fine and now I can stop obsessing. At least, obsessing about this. And I'm happy that my best friend understands my gift for awfulizing and indulges me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.