Monday, March 02, 2009

Nice work if you can get it

Hepburn had quite a life, didn't she? High cheekbones, limitless charisma, effortless grace, awesome talent ... and men. She had real-life affairs with Howard Hughes, John Ford, Leland Hayward and Spencer Tracy. As if that weren't enough, she was immortalized on film having James Stewart and Cary Grant compete for her in The Philadelphia Story. As I watch it again tonight, I'm struck by how phenomenally attractive they both were in 1940. Way to go, Kate!

1 comment:

  1. Nice choice. Hepburn is my favorite actress and The Philadelphia Story my favorite movie, ever.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.