Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Tuesday Tunes #16

New Releases
This unintentionally became The Bruce Edition.

Do you preorder new music or do you wait and buy it at a store on its release day?
Usually, neither. I tend to download a song or two first and then decide to buy -- unless it's Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen. Then, like the fanatic I am, I snap it up on release day. I don't preorder because what if the mailroom misplaces it?

What's your most anticipated release this year?
Working on a Dream. Brooooce! The Boss! Yea!

Have you ever been so excited about a new release only to have it disappoint you? If so what was it?
Devils and Dust. By the aforementioned Mr. Springsteen. I've only listened to it once all the way through. Hated it.

Have you ever expected the worst of a new release and then were pleasantly surprised when the album was better than expected?
Working on a Dream again. I love this one, and The Rising, too. But I really didn't care for Devils and Dust or Magic, so I approached this one with some trepidation. It didn't help that the opening track ("Outlaw Pete") is kinda silly. But then I fell in love. Specifically with "Queen of the Supermarket," "This Life," and "The Wrestler."

To play along yourself, click here.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:24 PM

    There's three bands that I will preorder: Silverchair, U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers. Anything else I'd have to hear a few tracks before I'll shell out the money.

    I'm really looking forward to the U2 album that came out today which is in the mail as we speak (perhaps even in the mailbox!)

    Actually, of my top bands I mentioned above, I felt disappointed at all of their last releases; but then after a few listens started to like them a lot more. Especially the silverchair one (of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly, Silverneurotic took the words out of my mouth about the U2 release today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New U2..is awful..can't comment on Bruce..cos well..never been a fan :( I buy most Macca stuff though on its release..except the Firemen discs.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.