Monday, February 09, 2009

Monday Movie Meme

Here are the first movie quotes that spring to mind:

1. "Your advertising is just dandy. Folks'd never guess you didn't have a thing to sell."

2. "We'll always have Paris."

3. "See 'ya, Katie." "See 'ya, Hubbell."

4. "Look at me! I'm melting, melting! You've destroyed all my beautiful wickedness!"

5. "Hello, gorgeous."

6. "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

7. "War talk's spoiling all the fun at every party this spring."

8. "Sparkle, Neely, sparkle!"

9. "You're a swine."

10. "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun and SNAP! The job's a game."

If you wish to play along, visit this meme.

To see the answers to this meme, see below:

1) Bonnie & Clyde; 2) Casablanca; 3) The Way We Were; 4) Wizard of Oz; 5) Funny Girl; 6) The Godfather; 7) Gone with the Wind, 8) Valley of the Dolls; 9) A Hard Day's NIght; 10) Mary Poppins.

6 comments:

  1. I have an award for you. Stop by when you have a minute. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I knew #2, #4 and #6. So I'm very good at the more obvious. I totally don't remember #7 but I like that line. The rest I either haven't seen enough of or seen at all to know better :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so do #4 and with the appropriate green makeup. I once played the Wicked Witch.

    In 6th grade.
    Everyone feared me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew all of them (mainly because I was looking at the answers). I should really have put the "I'm melting, I'm melting" line on my list since I've used it on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list. "Take the cannoli" is also the name of a really fun book by Sarah Vowell, of course gotten from the movie quote.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.