Thursday, November 06, 2008

Oh, leave her alone!

I never thought I'd say this, because Sarah Palin makes my skin crawl, but the McCain staffers who trash her simply are not being fair.

If she's not qualified to be VP, who is responsible for putting her on the ticket? Many of these same McCain campaign "insiders." Not to mention John McCain himself.

According to legend, she and McCain met once and spoke on the phone before he chose her as his VP candidate. Think about your own job. How many interviews did you have? How detailed were they? It bothers me that the HR department at the agency where I work spent more time with me than John McCain spent with Sarah Palin before deciding to put her a (70-something) heartbeat away from the Presidency.

So let's leave Caribou Barbie alone and hope she simply disappears from the national stage forever. And let's be grateful that our new President is the one who is putting together the Cabinet that's going to help him run our country. He may have less experience than McCain, but his campaign ran more efficiently and suffered fewer leaks. He added Joe Biden to the ticket without uproar or internal dissension. He has demonstrated greater people skills and comforting judgment in these matters.

President-elect Obama. To borrow from Tom Petty, we got lucky when we got him.

PS I really do love those jackets Sarah Palin wore during the campaign. Aren't those navy buttons cool? I wish I had her figure so I could carry this stuff off.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:11 AM

    I had wondered what exactly John McCain was thinking when he put her on the ticket...I'm sure he initially had his reasons but what they were...we probably will never know.

    www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want her to go away!

    I do feel she was used but she's just too hateful to feel sorry for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you completely. I to wondered why McCain picked her for his VP. It always confused me. Maybe because she was a women? I'm just glad that she will not become our new VP. I'm very happy with the outcome of Obama/Biden. I think they will do wonders for our country and hopefully make a dent in this terrible financial crisis we are in. I'm not sure how long my hubby will have a job. Just so very scary. I enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. Well said.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.