Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm dreaming of $3.5 million

Or I was, until just now.

Saturday's Lotto drawing was for $18.7 million. When I bought two tickets, I didn't imagine myself the sole winner. That would be greedy and unrealistic. No, I saw myself as a modest, multiple winner whose after-tax take was a modest $3.5 million. What was I going to do with this tidy sum?

• Pay off my condo
• Pay off my credit cards
• Get hardwood flooring for my living/dining room and hallway
• New flooring, countertops and cabinets for the kitchen
• New sink, toilet and wall tiles for my bathroom
• Add exposed brick to the dining room
• Shampoo the carpet in the bedrooms
• New window coverings
• Fresh paint for the whole place
• A credit card for my mom to use when she grocery shops
• I'd "adopt" (or sponsor) more shelter animals each month
• Savings bonds for some of my friends for them to have "just in case"
• Savings bonds for my niece and nephew to help pay for college
• A Rolex Oyster watch for my best friend
• A trip to New York with my oldest friend
• Invest the rest into my retirement accounts

I only got two numbers of six. Oh, well. I spent $2 for a fun fantasy.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:50 PM

    At least you had fun dreaming.

    www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that every once in a while too. We make sure to buy a ticket the day after the previous drawing, so as to maximize the amount of dreaming that we get for our buck. We have it all planned out ...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.