Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Heads or Tails #18 -- Black or White

I haven't HoT'd for months, so forgive me if I'm a little rusty …

Today's theme is "Black OR White." I opt for black, and here are five songs that use "black," but not "white," in the lyrics;

Black Is Black -- Los Lobos. "Black is black, I want my baby back. It's gray, it's gray, since she went away. Oh-oh, what can I do? Cuz I'm feelin' blue."

Back to Black -- Amy Winehouse. "We only said goodbye with words. I died a hundred times. You go back to her, when I go back to black."

Paint It Black -- The Rolling Stones. "I see a red door and I want it painted black. No colors anymore, I want them to turn black."

Baby's in Black -- The Beatles. "Oh, dear! What can I do? Baby's in black and I'm feeling blue. Tell me, oh, what can I do?"

Black -- Pearl Jam. "All the pictures had been all been washed in black, tattooed everything."

To see how other bloggers responded, or to play yourself, click here.

4 comments:

  1. You don't look rusty to me!

    I recognize the first and third songs by name and might know the others if I heard them.

    And now Black Is Black is stuck in my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great songs there. Particularly the Stones one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good selection of songs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been away for most of the summer and just started up again with H or T. My post is up too.

    I wouldn't have known any of those songs by name but maybe if I heard them.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.