Sunday, September 14, 2008

Yes, they're ugly, but I love them

It's been raining -- and raining hard -- since Friday night. I am not in any way minimizing the horrors those on the Gulf Coast are suffering, but here it is mid-September, and Chicagoland is already setting records for monthly rainfall. Homeowners along the Chicago River have been evacuated, and that isn't standard practice. I'm in a fourth-floor condo, not a house with a basement, so I'm not as adversely affected as some. But I'm a little blue and feel almost trapped indoors.

It's times like these that I love my Crocs. To borrow from one of my favorite Marcia Ball songs, these shoes are "the right tools for the job." My far prettier denim/cork sandals are STILL soaked through from a run to my favorite coffee shop yesterday brunch. My Crocs? They then took me around town to my other errands, and are dry, comfortable and ready to go out into the rain again today.

I'm embarrassed by their looks, but I when I need them, I shamelessly turn to them. It's my fabulously dysfunctional rainy-day relationship.

2 comments:

  1. It’s funny. My friends LOVE Crocs but I can’t get them to FIT my foot. They’re either the right length and too wide, or the right width and too short … so I wear Keens (also water shoes) that fit my foot just right ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:42 PM

    It seemed that everywhere I looked today-someone was wearing a pair of crocs.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.