Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Stealing #3

Sunday Stealing: The Meme About Blogging



1. How long have you been blogging?
Since May 2006

2. Any advice to beginners? Nope

3. What are the good things blogging has brought to your life? It's a nice "bus man's holiday." I write for a living, but the subject matter and medium are dictated by my clients. (As it should be; they're paying for it). This way I get to write just to express myself. It's a great journal, wonderfully organized for me, and just waiting for me to chronicle my life. And it's been a terrific way to see how similar my life and feelings are to other women's, all across the country. There IS more that unites us than divides us!

4. What would you consider the pitfalls? I either have to figure out how to keep it anonymous (which is a drag) or pull my punches (which defeats the journal aspect). I've fallen somewhere closer to anonymity, but it's hard.

5. Tell us about your blog name. Ever think of changing it? If so, to what? Why? There weren't a lot of appropriate names available with "musing" in the title. There you go, that was my deep, creative process. It still works, so no, I haven't thought of changing it.

6. Knowing what you know now, was starting a blog a good thing for you? Why or why not? It was a good thing. It's comforting to have a place to deposit whatever is bugging me, making me happy, or that I'll want to remember years from now. It also helps me connect with others in a way that is, weirdly enough, often more "real" than my "real life," again, because of the anonymity.

7. How do you think blogging, bloggers, or the blogosphere has changed since you started? I get less spamming than I originally did a couple years ago (thank you, Blogspot). And I get fewer annoying commenters. I guess because I've learned that deleting them is more effective -- though infinitely less satisfying -- than responding.

8. Ultimately, what would you like your blog to accomplish for you or others? I'd like it to be an evolving chronicle of my life, and if it resonates with you, I'd like you to share.

2 comments:

  1. Blogging has become quite the rage, hasn't it? I like the idea of a blog becoming a permanent history of your life. Great answers.

    I'm up (finally!)
    Sunday Stealing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops! I meant to check Sunday Stealing out this week but got sidetracked by a host of other stuph. Maybe I’ll do THIS one some other day … just because. I enjoyed reading your answers ... #4 really resonates with me!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.