Sunday, September 14, 2008

Party like it's 1929

There goes Lehman Brothers … right after Freddie and Fannie and Bear Stearns. Are AIG, Merrill Lynch and Washington Mutual (the good people who hold my mortgage) next?

I have no idea what any of this means, but I know it's not good. I wish Barack Obama and John McCain would quit talking about lipstick and pigs and explain if these developments have any impact on their plans for the economy.

It's sooo frustrating! Four years ago it was a Constitutional Amendment to ban gay marriage (hey! whatever happened with that, anyway?) and Swiftboating. Republicans are so good at this -- throwing a smoke bomb to distract us from what's really at stake -- and then the Democrats have to respond or it looks like the smears or silly "cultural warfare" stereotypes are true, and somehow frivolity rules the news cycle and no one talks about the real stuff, like Lehman Brothers and Freddie and Fannie and Bear Stearns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.