Monday, May 26, 2008

The Memorial Day 4 day/4 bag challenge

My packrat tendencies overwhelm me at times. That's why, for this weekend, my best friend issued the following challenge: come up with 4 bags to donate to Goodwill -- 4 bags/4 days. I am proud to announce that I did it! I parted with 7 pairs of shoes, a new pair of slippers, 3 t-shirts, 4 pairs of shorts, 2 sweaters, a purse, 2 eyeglass cases, 2 makeup pouches, a music box, a pair of umbrellas, 5 hardcover books and 4 paperbacks. C'mon, everybody, let's give this Gal a big "atta girl!"

Of course, this still doesn't address the various and sundry papers scattered about my dining room table, but 4 bags in 4 days (3 days, actually!) is still quite an accomplishment.

I also pampered myself with breakfast out and, even better, a massage right here in town. I deserved it because I was such a good girl, rising to the Memorial Day Challenge. Also she does a very nice job, paying extra attention to my palms and shoulders, adding reflexology to the basic Swedish massage.

Naturally there was Cubs baseball, too. But it's best not to dwell on that.

2 comments:

  1. Please be a better person than me and bring the now full bags to Goodwill within the week.

    My two huge garbage bags are still sitting in my upstairs hall.....

    Still haven't gotten to my garden, the coffee is too good and I am a little too comfy on the couch.

    A massage...I am so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:30 PM

    My issue with Goodwill is that you can also go shopping after dropping those bags. I have a thing for vintage Tupperware.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.