Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hi, I'm Old!


This coming week, Joe Namath -- one of the lions of my girlhood -- turns 65. Oh, how I loved him! It's hard to fathom how the rebel who outraged every adult I knew could possibly be a senior citizen.

Jake Gyllenhaal has been cast to play ol' Broadway Joe in an upcoming movie biography. I hope the movie is good. Joe Willie has had quite a life. He lent credibility to the AFL and single handedly turned the Super Bowl into an event. Yet I'm afraid if he's remembered at all, it's as the goofy drunk who hit on Suzy Kolber on national TV. That makes me sad.

1 comment:

  1. Personally I like Joe Namath! And I think Jake Gylenhaal is a good choice to play him in the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.