Monday, April 14, 2008

Tuesday Tunes #3

Word Association Week! Remember, name the first band/artist/song/album/instrument etc that comes to mind when you see these words.

Drum: Ringo Starr
River: "Oh, I wish I had a river I could sail away on …" Joni Mitchell
Sea:
"Somewhere, Beyond the Sea" Bobby Darin
Sand: "Circle in the Sand," Belinda Carlisle
Travel:
"Yes, I'm a travelin' man …" Ricky Nelson
Time:
"Time After Time" Cyndi Lauper
Journey:
"Don't Stop Believing" Journey
Number: "Rikki, Don't Lose that Number"
Theme:
"Ringo's Theme," an alternate name for "This Boy," The Beatles on A Hard Day's Night (This seems to be very Ringo-centric this week, doesn't it?)
Magic: "Ho, ho, ho, it's magic, you know. Never believe it's not so …" Pilot (I had to look it up the band's name Pilot)

For more information, or to play along yourself, click here.

9 comments:

  1. Ha! I beat you this week! "Beyond the Sea" was the second thing that came to my mind for the word "sea".

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, everyone seems to have Journey represented by that band!
    Love that you picked that Pilot song. What a blast from my past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! We both chose Don't Stop Believing for Journey... and Ricky Nelson was a GREAT thought for travel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Journey is a given this time it seems. LOL!! We matched on a couple, too! Good list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list!

    Drum: Joey Krammer
    River: John Denver
    Sea: Spongebob Squarepants Theme Song
    Sand: "Genie In A Bottle"
    Travel: "Life in the Fast Lane"
    Time: Cyndi Lauper
    Journey: "Take The Long Way Home"
    Number: Finger Eleven
    Theme: Soundtrack to Finding Nemo
    Magic: "Magic Carpet Ride"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew I wouldn't be the only one who came up with Belinda Carlisle. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:24 PM

    This looks like so much fun, I think I'm going to start participating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see a Ringo theme here :) Circle in the Sand was a favorite of mine in the 80's! Awesome pics all around. Thanks for playing this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really good one!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.