Sunday, April 27, 2008

Still first in the NL Central … and first in my heart

It was a not completely successful road trip (2-3), but it was still entertaining:

• Kerry Wood, God bless him, got a win in Colorado!
• In DC, Reed Johnson made one of the greatest catches I've ever seen. (Check it out here.)
• Ted Lilly seems to have hit his stride, even though today was a losing effort.

Obviously there were games when we fell behind, but we were never out of it. Naturally I'd prefer it if we didn't strand so many baserunners, but it's still early. And we're still in first place!

Enjoy your Monday off, gentlemen. You deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:28 AM

    Geesh - Milwaukee 5 - Cubs 19 --- couldn't the Cubs have saved a few of those runs for another night? Like maybe a night when they are down a run in the ninth? !!! I hate any kind of game when the outcome has a very lopsided score.qdsuzwdi

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.