Monday, March 24, 2008

Spa Sabbatical -- Almost Here!


I made these reservations back in January. I don't think I believed my vacation would ever really arrive. But it's almost here!

Chateau Elan is a winery and spa just outside of Atlanta (where it's in the 60ºs). I have my own suite (I'm on the first floor, and here's the view from my bedroom), and am looking forward to a antioxidant body exfoliation, wellness massage, makeup lesson, moisturizing bath with vichy shower, champagne and chocolate mani and pedi, hand therapy, neck/back/shoulder massage (especially for us keyboard addicts), and ultimate facial.

There are also restaurants to gorge myself in (meals included), a fitness room to work it off in (I am bringing my workout togs), and beautiful grounds to wander about.

I haven't decided if I'm going to finish my latest Lincoln book (The Day Lincoln Was Shot … hm … how do we think it ends?) or a light and romantic chick lit tome or maybe just a huge stack of magazines. One thing for sure: I am most certainly bringing my sandals. I'm not a big fan of hot weather, but this winter has gone on too, too long and my beautifully painted toes will deserve to see sunlight!

Today I've got some vacuuming and floor scrubbing to do. Litter boxes to clean. The plumber is coming by this evening to give me an estimate on repairing the pipes under my sink. I've got to pack and take a trip to the ATM (meals may be included, but gratuities and souvenirs aren't). It's more than I feel like doing, but what the hell. I have nothing but relaxation and pampering ahead of me!

Alone time is very important to me. It's important as I plan and repair and rejuvenate. It will be good for me to simply be somewhere new, with its own sounds and colors, and no easy access to my every day life. I get a clarity from adventures like this. I love my friends in Key West and look forward to visiting them each New Year's. But I also need a solitary vacation like this one.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:52 PM

    I really wish I was heading there. Oh well, I have my own vacation to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like such a great place. :)
    You deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atlanta is GREAT!! (My SIL lives up there) ...there are places there that you'll feel right at home in the "big city", and places that are as "old south" as you can get! You deserve a nice, relaxing time to yourself, and I hope you enjoy every, single minute of it!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.