Monday, March 24, 2008

How Could I Have Missed This?


I've been too preoccupied with my day-to-day life, Easter and preparing for vacation. Clearly. How else can I explain my overlooking this HUGE news story about two of my favorite most pitchers … EVER?

"(Kerry) Wood struck out two in a scoreless inning Sunday during his third appearance in four days, and the Cubs scored seven runs off Greg Maddux in a 7-3 victory over the San Diego Padres."

"Maddux was in a good mood, even after yielding six runs in the first inning. The 41-year-old right-hander, who has 347 wins, thought he was better than his final line showed. He said he was pleased to endure a 40-plus pitch first inning that included a three-run double by Ryan Theriot."

To read the entire article, click here.

So both of the pitchers who hold special places in my heart are happy and enthusiastic about the upcoming season. God love ya, boys!

2 comments:

  1. Im not much of a Baseball fan unless its up close and personal. I dont really like sports at all but I can tolerate Football. The problem is, during football season, its EVERY weekend and a few days in between. My bf drives me nuts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I actually wondered why you hadn't mentioned the start of the new season...

    ;-)

    Red Sox fans were up v-e-r-y early to hear the opening games from Japan.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.