Friday, October 05, 2007

Heartbreak!


I admit that when I went to bed last night, I was desperately disappointed with Cubs ace Ted Lilly. He simply wasn't very good, and in the play-offs, no one can afford to have an off night. In a single inning, he gave up 4 runs and that's just not acceptable.

But then, this morning, I saw this photo. Look at the pain etched in his face. I no longer have the heart to be upset with him. Not when fate has sentenced him to reliving that inning for the next 50 years or so.

4 comments:

  1. I am here as a lurker... Ya MUST have listened to sports radio, yes? I'm a 'first time commentor, long time blogreader' here and I MUST say to you (cuz I've stumbled upon your blog from non-sports related links...) that I LOVE THE CUBS! GO CUBS!! I want to see my cubbies in the World Series! I live in Red Sox Nation territory but LOOOOOOVE the national league. Please bring my cubbies to the dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks stunned and drained.

    I know what a baseball is, does that count? I admire your dedication, love and loyalty to your team!

    The tag is done, if you want to go take a look. Thanks for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curiousc -- welcome! And I'll do what I can to bring the team closer to the pennant. I just learned I'll actually BE AT THE GAME! See my next post for details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is best about this photo is the hand on his shoulder.

    As a life-long member of Red Sox Nation... I can relate. Ohhh, can I relate.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.