Saturday, October 06, 2007

The bunting is going up … AND I'LL BE THERE


Saturday's game, the Cubs first Wrigley Field play-off appearance in years, has long been sold out and scalpers are getting $2000/seat. But this is of no concern to me.

I'll be there. FOR FREE.

A friend of mine works for the Tribune, the company that owns the team. The Tribune had an employee lottery and she won 2 seats for Saturday and 2 seats for Sunday. She and I are going Saturday, her son and his best friend go on Sunday.

I'm excited, naturally. In my whole life I've never been to a play-off game. I believe the team will stay alive to play on Sunday, but even if they don't, I'll consider it an honor to be there. There were weeks this past summer when I wrestled with the blues, and this team was one of the few reliable bright spots, one of the only things I could depend on to distract and cheer me. I'm tickled to be one of the 40,000 fans who will be there to welcome this team home and thank them for the wild ride.

I'm also honored that my friend chose to share her prize with me. After all, I'm bumping her husband and her parents! I don't know what I've done to deserve this, but I'm grateful all the same.

2 comments:

  1. I am soooooo looking forward to your post about this experience!! I wanna know what you eat, what you sing, all of it!!!!

    What a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I just read the outcome. But at least you got to a play off game. There's always next year, right?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.