Friday, July 20, 2007

Izturis sent to Pirates -- and I'm not happy

All we got in exchange for this shortstop was cash and that ever-popular "player to be named later." With Ryan Theriot and Mike Fontenot, there was just no way he was ever going to get much playing time with the Cubs. Apparently this led to whining, and Lou Pinella doesn't seem to cheerfully endure whining.

So why aren't I happy?

Not quite a year ago, Cesar Izturis was such an important key to our future that we traded my beloved future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux to the Dodgers, just to get him.

Of course, that was the future as envisioned by Jim Hendry and Dusty Baker. We've got a new sheriff in town, and his name is Sweet Lou.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.