Saturday, June 30, 2007

Just 99¢ a bottle!

With every trip to the store I find something on sale and throw it in the cart for the neighborhood food pantry. ("Food pantry" is misleading; they also happily accept toilet paper, toothpaste, bar soap, etc.) I find I have a grocery bag filled with non perishables in no time, and it's no strain on my budget at all.

What's needed at food pantries changes with the seasons. Oh, there are evergreens, like pasta, rice and cereal. But just as in the winter, people eat more soup, during the summer we consume more sandwich fixings and barbecue condiments. That's why I was so excited to find catsup for just 99¢ a bottle!

It's the hunt. The search. Last week I found Lipton Chicken Rice Sides for just 79¢! I have to admit grocery shopping is not one of the highlights of my week, and finding a bargain that will help others brightens it a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:39 PM

    What a great idea! I may start doing that too. My grocery store has some GREAT deals in the summer. (I do give to food pantries several times a year anyway, but this would make it even easier to accumulate items for them.)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.