Thursday, May 17, 2007

Another meme about ME!

Welll... Mo wants to know more about me, so she tagged me with this "About Me" Meme;

What were you doing 10 years ago?

In 1997 I was having something of a mid-life crisis. I was much worse about the prospect of turning 40 than I am now about 50 and took up with a much younger guy. 12 years younger. I couldn't believe he was interested in me, but he was, and it was fun. My friends were aghast because I knew there was no future in it, at least by conventional standards. I knew I was never going to marry him, have babies and live in a vine-covered cottage. But it was terrific for my ego and while I wasn't "in love" with him we were good friends as well as bed partners. And he custom built my bookcases for me! So in all it was good experience and I remember him fondly. I hope he can say the same about me.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

A year ago I was not at all happy with this job and I missed my best friend terribly. He had just been laid off and was moving his family back to Colorado, so I thought I'd never see him again. Funny how things work out, though. This agency got me a new boss and he's made all the difference in terms of my attitude toward work. And my best friend and I both have put a lot of effort into being in touch and staying in touch across the miles. So I guess this story ends with all of us living happily ever after!

Five snacks you enjoy:

~ Those crappy Hostess chocolate cupcakes with the white swirl of frosting on top
~ Sno-Caps, but only at the movies
~ Bowl of cold cereal (Post Great Grains, either with milk or from the box)
~ Fritos, the originals only
~ Peanuts

Five songs that you know all the lyrics:

~ "Hey, Hey, Holy Mackarel, No Doubt about It!" This radio theme song opened every WGN Cubs broadcast when I was a girl
~ "American Pie" The long version
~ "I Will" My favorite Paul McCartney song; it's on the White Album
~ "Julie, Do Ya Love Me?" by Bobby Sherman, the 1970s answer to Sanjaya
~ "The National Anthem" even though I don't sing it -- even at ballgames -- and only move my lips

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:


Some of these are much like Ms. Mo's

~ Pay off my condo
~ Get all those home improvements done!
~ Eliminate my debts
~ Give my mother the world's most valuable Albertson's Gift Card so she will never again have to watch her pennies at the grocery store
~ New underwear all the time! Whenever there's even the slightest sign of stain or wear, into the trash those panties would go!
~ Sponsor more "foster" pets, like the ones I have at North Shore Animal League and Harmony House for Cats

Five bad habits:

~ Laziness
~ No discipline when it comes to domestic chores
~ Being too bossy/demanding at work
~ Blurting (I really must think before I speak)
~ Fixating, obsessing, awfulizing, etc.


Five things you like doing:


~ Reading
~ Watching the Cubs
~ Going to the movies
~ Gabbing on the phone/emailing/staying in touch
~ Soaking in the tub

Five things you would never wear again:

~ Three shades of blue eyeshadow all at once (lid, crease, brow)
~ Anything in a neon green
~ Long sweater and leggings (a la Pat Benatar)
~ Enormous hoop earrings
~ Bowling shirts

Five favorite toys:

~ Facial masks (clay, pore reducing, exfoliating, etc.)
~ iPod
~ Purses and more purses
~ My Shout! Color Catcher laundry sheets (yes, I am that geeky; I always check to see if it's "caught" any loose-floating dye)
~ Pogo games


And Now for the important stuff...

INSTRUCTIONS:
Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:

- Pieces of Me
- The blog. Yep, the blog
- Dog's Eye View
- Inside Mo's Mind
- One Gal's Musings

I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND! It occurs to me that some of these memes are getting very chick-centric, so I hereby tag NICHOLAS and SPARKY DUCK!

3 comments:

  1. hey, i just posted the meme. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ryn: ummm...that's not the real name for my town. :-) it's a family joke. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im happy to make this meme more duck centric

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.