Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Let's not embrace ANYONE who uses hate langauge

Kanye West from "Drop Dead Gorgeous" …
"Convenient whore stay on top of convenient stores/Keep pictures of me in their Victoria Secret drawer"

Jay-Z from "Stick 2 the Script" …
"I don't give a whore jack, man they all say that Mac be frontin/But if you can't take a case bitch and take it to the chin"

T.I. from "No, no, no" …
"Shot the nine, shot the rock, sure shot, shot for sure/but I'm secure, no security, killa keep glocks and fours/plus blocks of raw, probably popped your whore"

Don Imus, CBS radio …
"Nappy headed hos"

As a woman, I find ALL these references offensive. While I am an old fart who is not up on her rap, I believe that Kanye West, Jay-Z and T.I. are all Grammy award winners (or have at least been nominated). As long as this kind of speech is awarded and rewarded, I don't see why Imus should be fired for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.