Monday, April 09, 2007

It was a typical Opening Day

It was colder than usual for April. It was overcast. A few snowflakes even fell. And the Cubs lost. Status quo.

Now that we have THAT behind us, we can concentrate on moving forward and having a respectable season.

I was in a dreadfully long meeting this afternoon so I didn't catch any of the game live. But I'm sure there were bright spots. I hear that Soriano and Lee had productive at bats. Lilly must have looked OK or he wouldn't have lasted more than 6 innings.

So it's not hopeless! We will prevail! I don't expect there to be a World Series this year, but we won't be the "Lovable Losers," either. (God, I hate that "Lovable Loser" thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.