Friday, March 16, 2007

The lads will carry me through

So much to do today! My boss -- who is taking a well-deserved long weekend -- entrusted me a project of his which, along with all my own work, has to be done by eod today. I like my boss so I really want to do a good job. (Did I actually say that about someone in authority? What's going on? Am I mellowing in my old age?)

I'm waiting for the adrenaline to kick in, which always does when I'm in situations like this. I will make my deadlines, I will make my deadlines … And, just to help me fake it till I feel it, I'm going to put the Beatles' HELP! into the CD player. The lads never fail to inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.