Wednesday, March 14, 2007

#8 -- Thursday Thirteen Movie Quotes


THE GAL HERSELF
is a big movie fan, and here are snatches of my all-time favorite dialog.
(In no order beyond how they occurred to me.)

1) "See ya, Katie." "See ya, Hubbell." The Way We Were

2) "I'll meet you at the place near the thing where we went that time." Broadcast News

3) "She's a drag. A well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things." A Hard Day's Night

4) "Practically perfect in every way." Mary Poppins

5) "I won! I won! I won! I'm going! I'm going! I'm going!" Little Miss Sunshine

6) "Jack Dawson saved me in every way that a person can be saved." Titanic

8) "You still think you're the cutest trick in shoe leather." Gone with the Wind

9) "The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of." Breakfast at Tiffany's

10) "Neely, you're ob-nox-ious." Valley of the Dolls

11) "Art is art. On the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west, and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce, they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does." Animal Crackers

12) "Honey, there's a spider in your bathroom the size of a Buick." Annie Hall

13) "I like to think you killed a man. It's the romantic in me." Casablanca

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Check out Andrea's list of annoyances (I guarantee you'll find some of your own there!) at write-out.livejournal.com

2. Ravaj's worldview Thursday Thirteen is at http://ravaj.blogspot.com

3. Qtpies' politically correct Thursday Thirteen is at qtpies7.blogspot.com

4. Julia's eclectic and musical Thursday 13 is at hools.wordpress.com

5. Go look at Caylynn's special Thursday 13 at caylynn.blogspot.com and wish her a happy birthday.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:31 PM

    Great list- I love a lot of those movies too. I've got my list up:

    http://write-out.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great tt!
    a couple that come to mind for me:
    "you slut!" bill murray to dustin hoffman in tootsie
    "i don't wanna look like margaret o'brien!' by a blonde-haired moppet in on the town
    "what am i - chopped liver?" jeff goldblum in the big chill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can barely remember things in movies, lol. I do like the whole "Your so Vain" song in How to lose a guy in 10 days, lol.

    You can cut and paste my name out of the comments and add to your list and there will be a link to my blog rather than typing it out. It took me awhile to figure that out! Also, you can switch to html in your blogger dashboard after you put the link in and change the link to my webpage rather than the profile. There is a link to bloggerbasics101.com in my sidebar that has all sorts of instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:16 PM

    I should do movie quotes in an upcoming TT. What a great idea!
    I also realize how few of those movies I've actually seen...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I was in your Windy City a couple weeks ago. Thought you might want to see my view of it! :-)

    http://tinyurl.com/ywva59

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm i have no idea why it says I'm "tini". I'm sweet hickory, from long ago...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list. :) Wonderful snippets of movie dialog. :) Thanks for sharing your favourites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:27 AM

    Some of these are hilarious. how come I can't remember some of them. Ugh! I'm losing brain cells. I think I need to revisit some classics;)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.