Friday, February 23, 2007

I have lots to do today

And I'm glad. I'm very sad. It's too complicated to go into right now, and besides, I'm at work and I'm trying to hold it all together. The Reader's Digest condensed version is that I feel a bit like Addison on Grey's Anatomy. I'm pretty sure I could go missing for three days and no one would even notice.

There are times that my autonomy and fierce independence feel positive. And then there are days, like today, when "freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

But I have a huge project in front of me. (Literally.) And I'm grateful. It will occupy me and keep me focused. I may switch from Bruce Springsteen to Motown. All his poetry about "dreams and visions" might not help right now. Because today's top order of business is holding it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.