Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I better get used to it

This is the first photo I've seen of Greg Maddux pitching as a Padre. Oh well, at least the uniform is predominantly blue and not one of those horrible vintage orange jerseys the San Diegans used to wear. Not even I could find him attractive in that.

Lest you think that my Maddux fixation precludes my love of all things Cub, let me share that I'm optimistic, worried, and generally discombobulated about the Hall of Fame veterans committee voting. When the results are announced on February 27, I really want to hear that Ron Santo has been elected. He wants it so badly. Because he's one of the players I grew up on, and because now I get such a kick out of hearing his monosyllabic grunts in my headphones, I want him to get it. But because I'm a Cub fan, I'm afraid to hope, and I don't like thinking about how badly he'll be hurt if the voting doesn't go his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.