Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I love thinking of him, ca 1977


When my best friend was 11 years old, he fell in love. With Farrah Fawcett from Charlie's Angels. Just as important as her TV show was her poster. He loved her red swimsuit. Specifically with the outline of her nipple. He remembers gazing at it, imagining it in detail, dreaming about it. She broke his heart when she left the show. The following year he moved on from Farrah to Olivia Newton-John in Grease. But Farrah was his first, and will always have a special place in his heart. I love these stories, and to celebrate all that Farrah once meant to him I got him this mug on eBay.

I don't know why the tales of him as a kid so touch me. But they do. In addition to his love for Farrah and "Livvie," I've heard a saga of each of his boyhood scars … the fall from the back of a truck, the accident at the track meet.

I know each of us had a first crush, each of us has scars from our childhood (some visible, some emotional). But these are his, and that makes them terribly important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.