Today's Happiness: A special day at the ballpark. I was at Wrigley Field for the Cubs' 150th birthday party and it was divine. We fans voted on the best players in franchise history and it was wonderful to see some of the lions of my girlhood back within The Friendly Confines again. Sweet Swinging Billy Williams is 88 years old, but the best left-handed hitter in Cubs history is still with us. I also got to see Greg Maddux again! For a long time, because I adopted Anthony Rizzo, Greg Maddux was my favorite most Cub. He's really retired – no endorsement or broadcast deals for him – so it was delightful to see him looking fit and mischievous. (But it was kind of startling to see him so gray.)
It's not a birthday party without presents. The Cubs organization gave these pins to select fans before the game. It goes with everything I own.
Happy August Happiness Challenge!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.