Sunday, March 24, 2024

Three Nice Things about Myself -- Day 24

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with meShe detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 24:

1) I learn and appreciate. I watched this week's movie group film today: Psycho. I've seen it literally countless times, but this is the first time I've watched it since learning how Hitchcock was influenced by Chaplin's silent films. Seeing it through that prism I noticed so much of the subliminal, silent, visual storytelling he does. Yes, the dialog is iconic ("A boy's best friend is his mother") and the famous shower scene wouldn't have been as intense without the music. But the set designs, and the way the camera lingers on the details ... I like myself for learning something over there and applying it over here.

2) I did some more research. Yesterday I mentioned I'd made an appointment with a podiatrist to get my heel twinge checked out. Today I think I'm going to cancel it and visit my chiropractor instead. I'm having oral surgery soon which will mean anesthesia and pain killers. I don't want to introduce more medications to my life right now, so I think I'll give my chiropractor a crack at it first. I like that I'm proactively looking out for myself.

3) I enjoyed the affirmation. I changed my Facebook profile pic. It got likes and a ♥ almost instantly. I liked that I allowed myself a moment to notice and smile.


2 comments:

  1. I hope you get results from your chiropractor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like to take any more meds than absolutely necessary either. Good for you for going the most natural, non-invasion route first!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.