Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Three Nice Things about Myself -- Day 25

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with meShe detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 25:

1) I got my geek on. I attended a free online forum at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library called, "The East Wing: Expanding First Ladies' Impact." I learned little new about JBKO herself, but the historians spoke highly of this biography of Pat Nixon, a woman I'm curious about. I like that I take the opportunity to indulge and learn more when I can.

2) I paid cash for my pedi. I stayed home last weekend and saved enough to pay cash at the salon. I wasn't going to charge it -- I have a credit card that I use to earn miles but I pay it off every month -- but still, it felt good to peel off $5's and $10's. I like myself for paying attention to money but not depriving myself.

3) I didn't want to, but I did it. I discovered that Rachel, my usual yoga instructor, is off this week and someone named Clare is teaching her classes. I am not very good at all  but I'm comfortable with Rachel! I have no reason to believe that Clare won't be an effective teacher and I liked myself for clicking "confirm," even though "cancel" was tempting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.