Sunday, March 24, 2024

Sunday Stealing

 FROM SWAT BOT

1. If you could witness any event from history, what would it be? Lincoln leaving Springfield for the last time in 1861. I've visited this depot. He was a great man and I'm enormously proud of and inspired by him. Mr. Lincoln represents the best of us.


2. What do you think about conspiracy theories? If Watergate taught us anything, it's that people can't keep secrets and the truth will out. So I suppose people who cling to conspiracy theories feel vulnerable, weak and disenfranchised and need something to help bolster their fragile belief system. I feel sorry for them.

3. Do you like cartoons? Do you have/had a favorite one? I loved Mr. Peapody and his boy Sherman.



4. What did you most dislike in school times? I was really very happy in grade school and junior high. I got to high school and my parents' marriage went south, the country was dealing with Watergate and the end of Vietnam, ongoing racism and emerging feminism and DISCO! The 70s weren't a good time for me or this nation. (It was a great time for movies, though.)

5. What sounds are in your opinion relaxing? The sound of the sea? Traffic? Vacuum cleaner? Combine harvester on the field? Some kind of music? Birds singing? ... A cat's purr.

6. What was the last thing you read? Camera Girl. A fascinating and completely charming book about young Jackie Bouvier before she married what's his name.

7. What is one thing that has stumped you so hard you won't ever forget it? Why does God imbue really crappy people with immense talent? Example: Truman Capote had little education yet wrote like angel and created masterpieces. He was also genuinely reprehensible.

8. What are you interested in that most people aren’t? Oh, good goobies, I'm such a nerd. Lately I've become fascinated by the nighttime soap opera Peyton Place and the influence it had on fashion and pop culture throughout the 60s. (See? You don't care.)


9. What’s something you really resent paying for? Toilet paper. Light bulbs. AA batteries. Utilitarian essentials that are no fun to shop for.

10. If you could choose a different time period and place to be born, when and where would it be? My stock answer to this is the 19th century but  I'd stay here in Illinois (no slavery). But summers are really hot here without air conditioning and I'm sure I'd hate wearing all those clothes.

11. What's one question you would ask Superman? What color are my underpants?

12. What's your favorite smell? What's your least favorite smell? Cinnamon = Yum. Coffee = Yuk.

13. How do you feel about cars becoming fully autonomous and having no steering wheel, breaks, or accelerators? I don't think about this much at all. Sorry.

14. What are your favorite books and authors? I loved William Goldman. His novels and his movies.

15. Have you had a reading or palm reading done? Yes. I remember little about it. My kid sister had a palm reading done when she was in her teens and it upset her and my mother tremendously. That I recall. My mom kept saying, "It was supposed to be for fun and she's CRYING!"



6 comments:

  1. I've got two cats so I am lucky enough to have one on each side while watching TV with both purring. It's really nice.

    Ha ha - I like your Superman answer.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not many folks have readings in this group, apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have readings about twice a year--one of my nieces is really quite intuitive and gives good readings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to watch Peyton Place but I don't know why. But I do know why I watched Peabody and Sherman; they were brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently got the book Peyton Place. I've always wanted to read it, but never watched the show. I was too young to watch it. I agree with you about Lincoln. He was truly a great American President, and a true blessing to our country. We need someone like him again. I watch Peabody and Sherman from time to time when I was young. I like to hear the purr of a kitty too! I have never had a serious palm reading and have no desire to. Fun answers. I hope your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am learning to relax into a cat's purr. My boy is still hiding out in the bathroom all day, but does venture out a bit at night when Daisy is in bed. Part of the night he comes up on my pillow and after a session of purring and making biscuits, he curls around my head to sleep for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.