Saturday, March 02, 2019

Sunday Stealing


1. I wish I had enough money to ________. Not worry about money

2. If you had to enter a competition for the "Most Uselessly Unique Talent," what would your talent be?
I can take shorthand.

3. When it might hurt their feelings, how do you feel about telling your friends the truth?
If it's important, I tell them. If it's not, and it means not hurting them, I'll try to avoid the topic altogether.

4. Peanut or plain?
Peanut, please.

5. Is there someone you would like to take your place in life for one day? Who and why?
I would have said my mother, since she really didn't understand my life at all. But she's gone now, so I don't have an answer to this.

6. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
Mr. Dombrowski. American history. Because he was so passionate.

7. What do you think is the ugliest thing or event on Earth?
You're now the President of ALL Americans, even Chicagoans!

8. What is your least favorite of your personality traits or quirks? I am devoid of self discipline.

9. I wish I could see ________ because _________.
I wish I could see into the future because then I'd know what to worry about, and what to let slide.

10. Tell us your favorite children's story.
As a baby bull, Ferdinand does not like to butt heads with the others in the
herd. He likes to sit under a tree and smell the flowers. He grows up to be unusually big and strong. One day, matadors come to choose bulls for a bull fight. They see Ferdinand smelling the flowers. 

All of a sudden, a bee stings him on the nose. Ferdinand hurts so he runs around, snorting and kicking. The matadors think he is the fiercest bull ever and take him away for a bull fight. 


When Ferdinand is led into the ring, he is enchanted by the ladies with floral headdresses. He parks himself in the middle of the ring and relaxes, enjoying all the colors and scents. This frustrates the matador, who wants to show off his cape and his sword as he kills a ferocious bull. The man gets so angry he actually starts to cry. Ferdinand is deemed a failure as a fighting bull, but that's OK. Because he gets to live out his life in the pasture, smelling the flowers, which is all he ever wanted to do anyway. So Ferdinand lives happily ever after by being true to his nature.

11. Explain how to play your favorite game.
Canasta is rather complicated, with wild cards and melds and such. Plus I just used up a lot of words telling you about Ferdinand. So here's a link.
 
12. What do you keep in the trunk of your car?
No car

13. Tell us about your favorite way to get lost in a simple activity — running, chopping vegetables, folding laundry, whatever. What’s it like when you’re in "the zone?"
I think of myself as a jet, as the wheels go up and I take flight.

14. What’s your dream tourist destination — either a place you’ve been and loved, or a place you’d love to visit? What about it speaks to you?
I've been daydreaming a lot about Colonial Williamsburg. It's a good vacation spot for me because I can get my geek on, immersing myself American history, and pamper myself in the spa.

15. What parts of nature do you like best?
When I'm in a forest preserve or on a garden path, I like looking up at the sky and seeing the blue through the leaves of green.

16. What kind of program do you enjoy most on TV
detective shows, comedies, game showsand why? I like watching movies. I'm a TCM girl.

17. Do you know any professional athletes?
Met? Yes. Know? No.

18. What will the next must-have technological innovation be? Jetpacks? Hoverboards? Wind-powered calculators?
I'm sure it will be some new iteration of a phone.

19. Have you ever been the victim of a crime?
Yes.

20. What if you woke up tomorrow with the ability to understand animals. What do you think you’d hear from them?
I'd want to hear from my cat, Reynaldo. I want him to tell me what I do that frustrates him so.

21.What is something that makes you melancholy?
Thinking of relatives no longer with me. My grandma, my uncle and my mom. Though I know they are with me in spirit.


9 comments:

  1. Shorthand..oh wow, I haven't done that since high school...oh so long ago.. I wonder if I can still figure things out! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bow to your shorthand skills! Ferdinand is a favorite story for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clerk at our county board still takes the minutes in shorthand. She has for 39 years. So it's not totally outdated . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Ferdinand as a Disney cartoon.
    I hate both political parties as to me they are 2 sides of the same coin and all we ever get are crooks and losers in office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Ann, but I do not believe that crooks, losers and Chicago-hating bigots are the best we can do. We have had great people in office in the past, and will again! I'm sure of it!

      Delete
  5. YES!!! Ferdinand! I love that book! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shorthand is an incredible talent. My mother was a secretary.
    Ferdinand is such a cute story. I read it to my girls, who loved it.
    I know boy who went on to play for Greenbay. We were in the same class, and we both played basketball. College was the last place I had any contact with him, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Number 9 is something I would want to know as well. So I have time to prepare. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on 7. And I saw the movie version of 10!
    Good answers.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.