Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Friday Questions on a Sunday

1. Have you ever tried to learn (or re-learn) a foreign language as an adult? Which one? What worked for you? I took a stab at relearned Spanish a few years ago. I got sidetracked by surgery, and shame on me for not picking it back up.


2. Do you donate blood? Do you know your blood type? I don't donate often enough. My blood type is AB+.

3. Have you ever been in a play or musical? Not since junior high.

4. Do you use certain text or ring tones for specific people? Who gets their own? Or do you just use the default on your phone? Nope.

5. When did you get your first digital camera? Do you still shoot on actual film, or all digital now? I don't recall when, exactly, but I was rather late to the digital game. For a while I really liked disposable cameras. Now I'm all digital.

6. What do you think someone else would say the most daring thing you’ve done is? I suppose when I went for an executive job I had absolutely no training for. I wonder what happened to that young woman. As I get older, I get more spooked, less likely to take chances.

7. Do you talk with your hands? Yes.

8. Do you have a lucky number? What is it, and what is the story behind it? Seven. I won a prize at a grade school birthday party by guessing it, and I've stuck with it ever since.

9. What kind of milk did you drink, growing up? And now? I don't know what kind of milk I drank growing up. My mom bought it, I drank it. I have 2% in the refrigerator now.

10. What is your favorite kind of pie? Strawberry rhubarb.

11. Are you a note taker? Yes.

12. Do you have an eclectic mug collection, or is your stuff all matchy matchy? Eclectic.

13. Do you have a junk drawer in your house/garage/at work/wherever? OH, YES!
14. What is the longest amount of time you’ve worked at one job – and what was/is it? I've been at this job for (gulp!) 13.5 years. I'm an advertising writer assigned to a very nice, honorable client that I admire very much.

15. How old were you when you took your first commercial flight? To where did you fly? I was 17. I'd just graduated from high school. My cousin and I flew to/from ORD to FLL to visit her dad, my favorite uncle.


2 comments:

  1. #6... brave kid! And a great move..
    #9... I had to mix this for me and my little sibs, so I remember it well, too well, I think. Hard Times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's sort of a natural thing for us to become less willing to take risks as we get older. Probably some sort of self-preservation built in.
    That's at least 3 of us who like strawberry-rhubarb pie. I'm surprised, but I guess it's getting to be a bit more common as a flavor for several things.
    I hope you get to continue that work relationship.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.