Saturday, December 22, 2012
SATURDAY 9: HAPPY HOLIDAYS
1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas? We always went to see Santa at the local Chas. A. Stevens department store. I didn't especially enjoy it, but I understood that it was important to give the Big Guy my request.
2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there? Nice. Because I'm usually a good person, and when I'm not it's not due to lack of effort.
Ann Taintor tote bag (shown) that went to my oldest friend in Beverly Hills, 2000 miles away. She opened her present already and really liked it.
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? I got myself a really nice pair of sunglasses. I hope I don't leave them on the el.
5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Die Hard. And yes, it so IS a holiday movie! John McClane is only at the Nakatomi Building for his wife's company Christmas party.
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day? Nope.
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party? Nope.
8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather? I just bought myself a bottle of Bailey's to make the season bright.
9. What will you remember most about 2012? It was the year my mom died.
But I certainly don't want that to be my last Saturday 9 statement before the holiday. So instead --