I already went the full nine yards with this particular award a few months ago, so I'm not going to tag others. But to celebrate Pearl naming me, I'm going to give six things about myself and answer her 11 questions.
6 Things About Myself:
1. I don't know why I'm fascinated by true crime shows, but I am. Right now I'm watching the new ID channel. (At least it's new to my cable company.)
2. Today's payday, so this is top of mind: I pay many of my bills online, and yet I'm resistant to going completely paperless and eliminating the monthly bills. I don't know why. Loyalty to the United States Postal Service?
3. I miss baseball.
4. I suffer from very dry skin in winter.
5. My worst quality is my laziness.
6. My best quality is that I think fast on my feet.
And here are my answers to Pearl's questions:
1. Sunny, Rainy, or Snowy? Sunny. But I also enjoying seeing the sun glint off the snow.
2. Is the glass half-full or half empty? Half full
3. Have you gone on a leisurely trip this year? Where would you like to travel next? I'm going to Key West to see my dear friends in just a few weeks. We ring in the new year together. I can't wait to see them!
4. Do you love your job? I like my job. In this economy, I'm grateful for it, too.
5. What's your most treasured material possession in the world? I have a silver-plated ring, a band with an engraved lotus design. It's hardly fine jewelry, less than $100 new. But it's pretty and it fits perfectly and I feel naked without it.
6. What's your favorite reading material? Your favorite author? I love books. Old school books. I haven't moved onto e-readers yet. One of my favorite authors is Robert B. Parker. I felt terrible when he passed away almost 3 years ago.
7. Do you cook? What's your favorite food (the one food you can't live without)? I'm the world's most inept cook! And I have a fondness for steak.
8. Which do you prefer, shopping online or at the mall? Yes! I love retail in all its forms.
9. Do you exercise? How often? What's your favorite form of exercise? I try to exercise 3 times/week. And over the past four months I have failed miserably. At any rate, I like cardio. I have to make myself work out with weights.
10. Christmas tree: plastic or real tree? Plastic. I worry about a real tree drying out and being a fire hazard.
11. Do you like to watch news? What's your favorite news program? I'm a news junkie! My favorite show is Morning Joe on MSNBC. The host is a former congressman, a conservative Republican, and his co-host is a progressive Democrat. I enjoy the civility of their conversations and how much I learn from hearing them interview guests from all across the political spectrum.