Friday, February 25, 2011

Uh-oh!



This week I'm going over my Monday-Friday calorie allotment. Looking over my food intake, I realize the problem isn't the Girl Scout cookies (150 calories for 4) nor the Starbuck's hot chocolate (tall, skim, no whip -- 290 calories). It was giving in to laziness and going to Taco Bell and McDonald's rather than going with something more nutritious. 900 to 930 calories for a junk food lunch is just too much!

Oh well, I'm learning and adapting and will change my behavior. That's the important thing.

4 comments:

  1. I really have to learn to stop eating at McDonald's on the days where I go from one job to another. I just don't want to pack a lunch or stop at some place where it'll look weird to sit alone reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby steps, baby steps. Keeping track is where I fall off the rails, I hate keeping a food diary. So keeping track of everything is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, for me it IS those damn GS cookies. I haven't stepped foot inside a fast food restaurant in years. Watching Super Size Me kept me away from McD's permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:55 PM

    McDonald's is one of my weaknesses. I ate there more times than I care to admit in the past week. I sure paid for it when I stepped on the scale on Wednesday, though! At least it's made me recommit to eating well, etc.

    (Tim is able to go to McD's and have a small salad and a plain chicken sandwich, but I simply canNOT do that. If I go, I've got to have a double cheeseburger and fries. No way around it, so it's better if I just don't go at all.)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.