Tuesday, July 06, 2010

10 on Tuesday

Inspired by Kwizgiver, who shares 10 great summer quotes,
I celebrate a man for all seasons with 10 quotes from

GROUCHO MARX

1. If you want to see a comic strip, watch me take a shower.

2. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

3. Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read anyway.

4. Last night I shot an elephant in my pajamas. And how he got into my pajamas I’ll never know.

5. Don’t gulp that poison! It’s $4 a bottle!

6. Any man who can see through women is missing a lot.

7. I don’t want to belong to any club that would have someone like me as a member.

8. I have here an accident policy that will absolutely protect you no matter what happens. If you lose a leg, we'll help you look for it.

9. I intend to live forever or die trying.

10. I’ve known and respected your husband for many years – and if you’re good enough for him, you’re good enough for me!

3 comments:

  1. I especially like #9. A Marx Motto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Groucho-isms in general. "The Essential Groucho" is on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.