Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Clean Me

Every day I am going to do something -- no matter how small -- to improve my standard of living at home.

If I still had shame left re: this, I'd be embarrassed to report that, while cleaning under my bed, I discovered a phone that's in better shape than the one currently on my nightstand, and a never-worn pair of shoes that, after I remove all the Charlotte fur (I suspect she's been resting her head on one of them), will be good as new again.

It occurs to me that I'd spend less on earrings, and sunglasses, and watches, and shoes if I kept track of the earrings, sunglasses, watches and shoes I already have.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a problem we all have. Things disappear and we can't find them. Of course, after we buy a replacement, we find the original. Heaven knows it happens too often around here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wear a watch, I'm usually pretty good at keeping track of shoes and I need prescription sunglasses so that cuts back on impulsively buying sunglasses. But earrings. At last count I had about 40 pairs and yet, I'm constantly tempted to buy new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, you're right, you're right. Now if I could convince myself to follow your example!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.