Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Hot Fun in the Summertime

1. Is summer your favorite season? Why? No. I enjoy that the days are longer, but I really don't do heat well. People who whine about Chicago winters forget how humid and brutal Chicago summers can be.

2. Do you exercise more in the summer because you wear less clothing? I plan on exercising more and the less clothing does have an impact. Not because I look forward to showing more skin, but when I workout at lunchtime less clothes means it's easier to get dressed and I can make it back to work faster.

3. Do you enjoy tanning or are you more concerned about the dangers of basking in the sun? I'm a very pale old gal, and I don't tan, I only burn. And yes, I am very wary of sun damage.

4. You are on the beach when a waiter appears for your drink order. What do you ask for? Strawberry margarita. With salt. Thank you.

5. Do you camp in the summertime? No. I'm not one for camping.

6. What was your favorite summer vacation as a kid? I enjoyed our trip to Washington DC when I was 8. I especially enjoyed the view from the top of the Washington Memorial.

7. Do you enjoy sleeping outdoors? No.

8. Do you throw a summer barbecue every year? No. I don't have a balcony or a yard of my own. But, to be honest, even if I did, I wouldn't throw a barbecue.

9. Have you ever been to a nude beach? If yes, what did you think? Not a nude beach but a swimsuit-optional hotel pool. I was surprised (and a little disappointed) by how not sexy it was.

5 comments:

  1. I burn as well. I must have SPF45 at all times while outside. It is NOT fun to do that all the time but necessary.
    I'll bet Chicago is miserable in the summers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree--clothing optional places are not sexy. The wrong people are taking up the option...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Chicago!! It does have it's weather extremes but it is such a great city. I lived in Ohio for five years so I understand about the humidity! Check out my Saturday nine here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a burner as well. Did you know that Neutrogena makes a 100 spf sunblock now? Have a happy Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO right on how not sexy "optional" beaches are!so

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.