Saturday, November 01, 2008

Lunch with my niece

We celebrated her birthday, just she and I, at an Italian restaurant. Now a sophomore in high school, she's taller than I am. She came in with a big beige fabric handbag decorated with peace signs. We talked about school, Halloween, her upcoming birthday party, her driving, and, best of all, The Beatles.

She has become a rabid Beatles fan, and I couldn't be more pleased. Her screen name is taken from a Beatles song. Her desktop is Abbey Road. She wore a Beatles t-shirt in her yearbook picture. All she wanted for her birthday this year was Beatles "stuff."

So I got her necklace with this logo, a pin that's a replica of John Lennon's guitar, a George Harrison notepad (he's her fave), a Beatles wallet, a t-shirt adorned with the Rubber Soul cover art, and the Concert for George tribute concert DVD.

I'm so glad that we have a passion in common. I love her very much, but I worry that as she grows up, she'll grow away. Now we have the Lads will keep us tethered to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.