Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday Tunes #14

This week we want you to do a mini review of your favorite album of the moment. Talk it up, tell us why you love it and why we should listen!

My current favorite CD is Peace, Love and BBQ by Marcia Ball. It's her latest album, just came out this spring, and it was my introduction to her.

She's a piano-based boogie-woogie blues queen. These songs take her through a variety of moods -- festive ("Party Town"), sexy ("My Heart and Soul" and "Falling Back in Love with You"), even evangelical fervor ("Miracle in Knoxville").

Her sound is unique, her band is tight, her lyrics are witty. After I committed this one to memory, I went out and got her performance CD, Live! Down the Road. I look forward to catching up on more of her work. (Though when she does it, it definitely sounds more like "play.")

To read more reviews, and play along yourself, click here.


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:43 PM

    Sounds like something I might enjoy. Perhaps I'll go and check some her songs out.

    www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her!!! Her blues is sooo fun to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of the best album titles I've ever seen. I'm surprised ZZ Top didn't think of it first.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.